Avocado Basil sauce:|
1. Peel and seed 1/4 of the avocado. Place avocado and remaining ingredients in a small mixing bowl or a coffee cup.
2. With an emersion blender, purée all ingredients until well combined. The color of the sauce should be a refreshing "mint green" color.
3. Refrigerate until serving.
1. Preheat grill to medium high.
2. Lightly grill garlic bread and keep warm.
3. Peel and devein shrimp to the last tail section of the shrimp leaving the tail intact. (You may also request your local seafood shop to do this for you.)
4. Place 6 shrimp on a skewer, with all shrimp facing the same direction (all tails on the same side).
5. Oil grill so shrimp don't stick.
6. Place shrimp on grill with tail on the rails
(not directly on the flames to avoid burning).
7. Baste lightly with herb butter and sprinkle with seasoned salt.
8. Carefully cook the shrimp approximately
1-2 minutes on each side, avoiding overcooking as they cook very fast.
9. When you turn the shrimp over, again baste shrimp with herb butter and lightly season.
10. Remove from heat and place 3 shrimp on each slice of garlic bread. Add a dollop of avocado basil sauce and a slice of lemon, if desired.